Discover our Jersey City Hotel
Enjoy the ambiance of a Hudson River setting and our convenience to Manhattan when you choose Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson. Our hotel is surrounded by breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline with well appointed accommodations. Located near easy transportation and just minutes from New York by ferry or the PATH train - located right next door - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson offers a collection of amenities you’ve come to expect from Hyatt - great dining, luxurious rooms and unparalleled service. Whether your stay in the New York area is for business or leisure, it should be a worry-free experience that delights your senses. Learn the difference between a hotel and a Hyatt when you stay at Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson near New York.
Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson is a luxury hotel near Manhattan located near many things to do in New York City. We have put together a few helpful travel tips to help you plan your trip.
- PATH station is located in our building for easy access to Manhattan.
- Taxicabs populate the streets surrounding our hotel that will take you to your destination 24 hours a day. If a taxicab’s top light is illuminated, the cab is available.
January & February
Cold, wet, possibly snowy with temperatures ranging from 10-40 degrees Fahrenheit. Dress in layers of clothing, including a coat, gloves, hat, scarf and boots
March & April
In March, the temperature ranges from 30-50 degrees Fahrenheit. In April the temperature ranges from 45-65 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring a warm coat and an umbrella. Wear waterproof boots to keep your feet dry when walking through puddles from potential melting snow.
May & June
The temperature ranges from 50-80 degrees Fahrenheit with generally low humidity. In May, you might want a jacket or light sweater after the sun goes down. Shorts and sandals are typical attire in May and June.
July & August
The temperature ranges from 70-95 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity. Light clothing is best for this time of year. Bring an umbrella just in case you are to catch a rainy day.
September & October
September begins with high temperatures accompanied by high humidity. Temperatures range from 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit. As it approaches October, temperatures drop to the 50-70 degree Fahrenheit range. If you’re traveling in September, bring summer clothes with an extra layer depending on the weather forecast. If you’re traveling in October, bring a jacket to ensure you’re warm, especially at night.
November & December
November can see temperatures in the 40-50 degree Fahrenheit range, but as December approaches, expect temperatures between 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit with possible snow. Bring a warm jacket, gloves, hat and scarf to stay warm while you’re out on the town.
- Tipping is customary in the US and is not included in prices. Ask for a manager if you received poor service and do not feel tipping appropriate.
- For dining and restaurants, tips should be 15-20% of the total bill
- For lounges, pubs, and bars, servers should receive $1 per drink
- 20% is customary for other service industry services such as salon or spas
Things to Know:
- Fifth Avenue divides Manhattan into east and west sides. As you go farther east or west, building numbers increase
- Many New Yorkers eat dinner between 8-10 PM. If you’re planning to eat around this time, it’s best to make a reservation to lessen your wait time upon arrival.
- In case of medical emergency, Jersey City Medical Center is 1.8 miles away from our hotel, and is located at 355 Grand Street, Jersey City, NJ, 07302
International Traveler Tips:
- Make copies of your important documents before traveling in case a document gets lost
- Locate the nearest embassy/consulate in case of emergency by going to http://embassy.goabroad.com/
- The legal drinking age in the United States is 21 years old
- Call your bank or credit card provider and inform them of your travel plans
- Check with your cell phone service provider to find out what you need to do to ensure your phone will work while traveling
- 351 Spacious guest rooms, all featuring waterfront views
- Business Plan / hypo-allergenic rooms / luxury suites
- Hyatt Grand Beds™
- Deluxe bath with pampering Kenet MD™ amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access in all public areas
- Hyatt Fast Board™
- PDA and Express Check-In
- Vu Restaurant with panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline
- Vu Lounge
- 24-Hour fitness center with Manhattan views
- Indoor pool with skyline views
- Promenade for running / walking
- Easy access to New York City shopping/entertainment
- 20,000 square feet meeting space with NYC views
- Easy Access to Lower Manhattan / Javits Convention Center
- Grand Ballroom/ outdoor terrace/ state-of-the-art A/V on-site
- Creative catering and events, featuring Personal Preference Dining®
- Door Buzzers
- TDD Telephones
- Grab Bars in Bathroom
- Vibrating Alarm Clock
- Roll-in Showers Available
- Larger Doorways Available in Rooms with Roll-in Showers
- Desktop Ironing Boards Available
- Raised Toilets
- Grab Bars
- Built-in Shower Bench
- Lower Peephole on Entrance Door
- Lower Closet Rack
- Flashing Light Door Buzzers
- All floors are Wheelchair Accessible
- Front Desk Personnel will Come Around to Help Guest at Check-in/out.
- All Public Areas in the Hotel are Wheelchair Accessible
Map & Directions
Stay at Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson, a luxury hotel offering superior service, upscale amenities and a central Jersey City location near New York City. Find Jersey City, New Jersey attractions and Hyatt Regency Jersey City hotel information with our convenient Jersey City hotel map and directions.
When using a GPS or Mapquest directions to navigate to the hotel, please use the destination address of 2 Christopher Columbus Drive, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Interstate 95 / Newark Airport / NJ Turnpike (North or South):
Take NJ Turnpike to exit 14C. Go through toll booth. Take your second right, marked "Jersey City - Columbus Drive." Follow the exit until it ends. Curve right onto Christopher Columbus Dr. and follow Christopher Columbus Dr. until it ends. Hotel is on your left.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike:
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike North to the NJ Turnpike North. Follow directions from the NJ Turnpike.
- New York Thruway:
Take the New York State Thruway to Route 87 West. Follow route 87 West to the Palisades Parkway.
- Interstate 280:
I-280 E via the ramp on the left toward New Jersey Turnpike/Newark. Take the CR-508 E exit- Exit 17a- toward Jersey City.
Merge onto Newark & Jersey City Turnpike. This becomes NJ-7 E. NJ-7 E becomes US-1 9 TRUCK / US-1 TRUCK / US-9 TRUCK / US-1 & 9-TRUCK. Turn slight right toward Hoboken / Holland Tunnel. Merge onto NJ-139 E. NJ-139 E becomes 12TH ST. Turn right onto Marin Boulevard. Turn left onto Christopher Columbus Drive. Our Northern New Jersey hotel is at the end next to the PATH station
- Interstate 80:
Take Interstate 80 East to NJ Turnpike South. Follow directions for NJ Turnpike.
- George Washington Bridge:
Upon crossing George Washington Bridge, follow signs for the NJ Turnpike South. Take the NJ Turnpike South to exit 14C. Go through toll booth, take your second right marked "Jersey City/Columbus Dr." Follow the exit until it ends and curve right onto Christopher Columbus Dr. Follow until it ends, the entry way to our Jersey City NJ hotel is on your left.
- Tappan Zee Bridge:
Upon crossing bridge, follow the signs for the NY State Thruway. Take thruway to Route 87 West. Take 87 West to the Palisades Parkway South. Take Palisades Parkway South to the N.J. Turnpike. Follow directions from NJ Turnpike North/South.
- Verrazano Bridge:
Upon exiting bridge, enter the Staten Island Expressway West. Cross the Bayonne Bridge, follow signs onto Route 440 North. Turn right onto John G. Kennedy Blvd. Turn right onto Montgomery St. and then turn left onto Washington Blvd. Turn right onto Christopher Columbus Dr. until it ends. Entry way to the hotel is on your left.
- From the Holland Tunnel:
Upon exiting tunnel take your second left onto Manila Ave. Follow this 1.5 miles until you reach Christopher Columbus Dr. and turn left. The entry way to the hotel is on your left.
- From the Lincoln Tunnel:
Upon exiting tunnel stay to your right and take the exit marked "Hoboken Local Traffic." Follow Willow Avenue to Observer Highway and make a right. Take your first left onto Luis Munoz Marin Blvd. Follow Luis Munoz Marin Blvd. for 2 miles to Christopher Columbus Dr. and turn left. Follow this until it ends, the hotel is on your left.
- From LaGuardia Airport: 14 miles:
Exit the airport and follow signs for the Grand Central Parkway West. Travel down the Grand Central Parkway West to the Brooklyn Queens Expressway West. Follow signs for the Williamsburg Bridge. Upon crossing bridge, turn left onto Canal Street and follow signs to the Holland Tunnel. Follow directions from Holland Tunnel.
- Check in 4:00PM
- Check out 12:00PM
- ATM Machine
- Devices to assist individuals with disabilities
- Currency exchange
- Multilingual staff
- Soda, ice machines
- Valet Parking available
- Sundry shop
$10 with validation
Vu Restaurant/Lounge parking for dinner:
$10 with validation Clearance - 8 Feet
The Gift Shop is located on the lobby level and is open from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Mon-Fri, 7:00AM to 10:45PM Sat-Sun. The Gift Shop offers guests a wide array of sundry items for their convenience as well as many souvenirs of the metropolitan area.
Available services at the concierge desk:
- Tours & cruises
- Broadway & theater/show tickets
- Transportation options
- Dinner reservations
- Site seeing packages
Airport – LGA
Private Car (1-3 passengers)
This hotel does not allow pets, with the exception of service animals.
Check-in Time: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out Time: 12:00 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Jersey City Going Green
Come see how dedicated we are to making the earth a better place.
Hyatt Jersey City Welcomes 32,000 Guests
HYATT REGENCY JERSEY CITY WELCOMES 32,000 NEW GUESTS
PATH Train Next Door to Hotel
It's not just a rumor, life is really this simple at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City.
Book Now or call 201 469 1234